Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, December 09, 2010

D&C 123

Though the general message of the Prophet in this revelation is the obligation and imperative duty of the in -

"...bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 123:13)

But the closing statement brings great incite in the working of the Lord in all our matters -

"Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 123:17)

For -

"In your patience possess ye your souls." (New Testament | Luke 21:19)