Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, November 04, 2010

D&C 107

In regards to the priesthood,the Lord revealed -

"High priests after the order of the Melchizedek Priesthood have a right to officiate in their own standing, under the direction of the presidency, in administering spiritual things..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 107:10)

And -

"The high priest and elder are to administer in spiritual things, agreeable to the covenants and commandments of the church; and they have a right to officiate in all these offices of the church when there are no higher authorities present." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 107:12)

I wanted to post the definitions of two words -

Standing: a position from which one may assert or enforce legal rights and duties. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

Officiate: to perform a ceremony, function, or duty. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

Definitions many times help me better understand doctrine.