Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

D&C 106

As Warren Cowdery was called to a presiding high priest over a Church jurisdiction, the Lord provided some personal inspiration -

"...verily I say unto you, there was joy in heaven when my servant Warren bowed to my scepter, and separated himself from the crafts of men..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 106:6)

And then the Lord followed with this counsel and promise-

"...blessed is my servant Warren, for I will have mercy on him; and, notwithstanding the vanity of his heart, I will lift him up inasmuch as he will humble himself before me.
8 And I will give him grace and assurance wherewith he may stand; and if he continue to be a faithful witness and a light unto the church I have prepared a crown for him in the mansions of my Father..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 106:7 - 8)

I know that we are commanded to -

"...liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning." (Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 19:23)

But in the case of Warren Cowdery, I personally sense even to a greater extent that these very same words could have easily been said to me.