Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

D&C 110

Where I blogged yesterday -

We learn in the dedicatory prayer of the first temple of this last dispensation that it is the temple that -

"...thy people upon whom thy name shall be put in this house..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 109:26)

And as His name is put upon us, He will also -

"Put upon thy servants the testimony of the covenant..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 109:38)

As the Lord appeared to the Prophet Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery in accepting His temple (Kirtland), he said -

"Let the hearts of your brethren rejoice, and let the hearts of all my people rejoice, who have, with their might, built this house to my name.
7 For behold, I have accepted this house, and my name shall be here..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 110:6 - 7)