Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, October 18, 2010

D&C 100

As the Lord gives this revelation to the Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon, you can sense the Lord is explaining that to some are given one gift with its associated responsibilities and to another, a different gift with responsibilities. I'm reminded of the teachings of Paul that -

"...the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness." (New Testament | 1 Corinthians 12:21 - 23)

The Lord said of Sidney Rigdon -

"...it is expedient in me that you, my servant Sidney, should be a spokesman unto this people; yea, verily, I will ordain you unto this calling, even to be a spokesman unto my servant Joseph." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 100:9)

Even -

"...I will give unto thee power to be mighty in expounding all scriptures, that thou mayest be a spokesman unto him..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 100:11)

And of the Prophet -

"...I will give unto him power to be mighty in testimony.
11 ...and he shall be a revelator unto thee, that thou mayest know the certainty of all things pertaining to the things of my kingdom on the earth." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 100:10 - 11)

It seems the prophet would be given the gift to receive the revelations, and Sidney was given a marvelous gift to expound on those revelations. Each member of the body of Christ carry out their specific responsibility in harmony and diligence.