Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, October 14, 2010

D&C 97

Understanding that Zion is -

"...THE PURE IN HEART..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 97:21)

...the Lord provides this warning both to the wicked and those that consider themselves Zion. In these last days the Lord warns and even so promises -

"...while all the wicked shall mourn.
22 For behold, and lo, vengeance cometh speedily upon the ungodly as the whirlwind; and who shall escape it?
23 The Lord's scourge shall pass over by night and by day, and the report thereof shall vex all people; yea, it shall not be stayed until the Lord come;
24 For the indignation of the Lord is kindled against their abominations and all their wicked works." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 97:21 - 24)

In my mind, that is a serious warning. The Lord then seems to turn towards the faithful with this great promise -

"Nevertheless, Zion shall escape if she observe to do all things whatsoever I have commanded her." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 97:25)

But to those that profess to be the faithful in Zion he warns -

"But if she observe not to do whatsoever I have commanded her, I will visit her according to all her works, with sore affliction, with pestilence, with plague, with sword, with vengeance, with devouring fire." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 97:26)

It all seems to follow the doctrine -

"For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." (New Testament | Luke 12:48)