Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Isaiah 54

In the last days, knowing that many of the children of Israel would remain faithful, Isaiah prophecied -

"...with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee." (Old Testament | Isaiah 54:8 - 10)

Just as Daniel would later prophecy that a stone cut out of the mountain without hands would roll forth and fill the earth. Then Isaiah explains why and in doing so, I believe he is referring to the stakes of Zion -

"...I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.
12 And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.
13 And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children." (Old Testament | Isaiah 54:11 - 13)

I believe that it is the stakes of Zion that Isaiah prophecied of where the the Lord makes beautiful its foundations and borders, where parents and members teach the saints the glad tidings of the gospel. I personally have witnessed the "peace of thy children". The Lord continues his promise to the faithful -

"In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.
15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake." (Old Testament | Isaiah 54:14 - 15)

Even such that -

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper..." (Old Testament | Isaiah 54:17)

"...great shall be the peace of thy children." (Old Testament | Isaiah 54:13)