Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, June 28, 2010

Isaiah 2

As I read the words of Isaiah this morning, two thoughts came to my mind. Isaiah wrote of his vision -

"...the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills..." (Old Testament | Isaiah 2:2)

In ancient days when there was no structural edifice or temple built, the Lord used the tops of mountains to endow power and knowledge. What struck me this morning was the thought that maybe Isaiah used the term "mountain" to be synonomous to a structural edifice. And the mountain or structure of the Lord's house would be considered higher that all other structures. Which in this case Isaiah used the word "hill" suggesting that other buildings or edifices did not compare.

Isaiah also prophecied in the last days -

"...for out of Zion shall go forth the law..." (Old Testament | Isaiah 2:3)

The Lord has declared in our day that -

"...I have other places which I will appoint unto them, and they shall be called stakes, for the curtains or the strength of Zion." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 101:21)

In my mind, the law or the Lord's commandments will come forth from Zion or its many stakes to the world. Whether the law goes forth by missionaries or members, nonetheless it will come forth by Zion or the righteous.