Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, June 18, 2010

Proverbs 21

A few more proverbs I found to be particularly wise -

"He that loveth pleasure shall be a poor man: he that loveth wine and oil shall not be rich." (Old Testament | Proverbs 21:17)

"He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor." (Old Testament | Proverbs 22:9)

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he..." (Old Testament | Proverbs 23:7)

In regards to children, we are counseled -

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Old Testament | Proverbs 22:6)

The truth is -

"The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.
25 Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice." (Old Testament | Proverbs 23:24 - 25)