Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, June 21, 2010

Proverbs 28

It seems to me that in the first several chapters of Proverbs, that I found a great deal more "divine" or spiritual wisdom. The more I read, the more I sensed the wisdom of man. I really don't know why. Maybe Solomon began to lose the Spirit and began to rely on his own wisdom. There was though a wise proverb I read this morning -

"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." (Old Testament | Proverbs 28:13)

In modern day, the Lord has also taught us -

"By this ye may know if a man repenteth of his sins—behold, he will confess them and forsake them." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 58:43)

Eternal principles never change.