Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Proverbs 10

The following are quotes from the wisdom of Solomon that particularly touched me this morning. They all seem somewhat related -

"...love covereth all sins." (Old Testament | Proverbs 10:12)

"Only by pride cometh contention..." (Old Testament | Proverbs 13:10)

"In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride..." (Old Testament | Proverbs 14:3)

"A SOFT answer turneth away wrath..." (Old Testament | Proverbs 15:1)

"...He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes." (Old Testament | Proverbs 13:24)

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine..." (Old Testament | Proverbs 17:22)

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise..." (Old Testament | Proverbs 17:28)