Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Proverbs 6

Solomon wrote -

"These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren." (Old Testament | Proverbs 6:16 - 19)

It is clear that the Spirit cannot dwell with those that possess or demonstrate these characteristics. One thing the Lord hates that seems prevalent today is "An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations". Of such, Solomon wrote -

"To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.
25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids." (Old Testament | Proverbs 6:24 - 25)

In Solomon's day they did not have pictures, photos, videos, the internet or such other technologies that cause one to lust "in thine heart". But yet the consequence remains the same -

"Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
28 Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?" (Old Testament | Proverbs 6:27 - 28)

The Lord has counseled us -

"Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart." (Old Testament | Proverbs 7:2 - 3)