Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, April 28, 2005

D&C 84

With this great revelation on the priesthood, the Lord also revealed a simple but great truth that every child of God that has been given sufficient guidance or direction to exhibit faith and strive to learn the purpose of life and the will of God -

"For the word of the Lord is truth, and whatsoever is truth is light, and whatsoever is light is Spirit, even the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
46 And the Spirit giveth light to every man that cometh into the world; and the Spirit enlighteneth every man through the world..." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:45 - 46)

The burden at that point is on man to choose the right, "...that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:46)

For he that does not hearken to the voice of the Spirit, and "...repents not, from him shall be taken even the light which he has received; for my Spirit shall not always strive with man..."
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 1:33) but, "...every one that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit cometh unto God, even the Father." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:47)

It is this simple truth that all men cannot stand blameless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home