Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, April 25, 2005

D&C 76 - 78

The Lord revealed "...concerning them who shall come forth in the resurrection of the just—" (Doctrine and Covenants Section 76:50) were -

"...they who received the testimony of Jesus, and believed on his name and were baptized after the manner of his burial...that by keeping the commandments they might be washed and cleansed from all their sins, and receive the Holy Spirit by the laying on of the hands of him who is ordained and sealed unto this power;
53 And who overcome by faith, and are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise...are they into whose hands the Father has given all things...who have received of his fulness, and of his glory...(Doctrine and Covenants Section 76:51 - 56)

The following month, the Lord teaches the doctrine of consecration to those "...who are ordained unto the high priesthood of my church..." -

"...listen to the counsel of him who has ordained you from on high, who shall speak in your ears the words of wisdom, that salvation may be unto you in that thing which you have presented before me, saith the Lord God.
3 For verily I say unto you, the time has come, and is now at hand; and behold, and lo, it must needs be that there be an organization of my people, in regulating and establishing the affairs of the storehouse for the poor of my people...
4 For a permanent and everlasting establishment and order unto my church, to advance the cause, which ye have espoused, to the salvation of man, and to the glory of your Father who is in heaven;
5 That you may be equal in the bonds of heavenly things, yea, and earthly things also, for the obtaining of heavenly things.
6 For if ye are not equal in earthly things ye cannot be equal in obtaining heavenly things...(Doctrine and Covenants Section 78:3 - 6)

If by an Oath and Covenant, the Lord promises -

"...all that my Father hath shall be given unto him..[an] oath and covenant of my Father, which he cannot break, neither can it be moved. "(Doctrine and Covenants Section 84:38,40)

This being the case, he says to the saints -

7 For if you will that I give unto you a place in the celestial world, [and to be joint heirs and share in all my Father hath] you must prepare yourselves [first] by doing the things which I have commanded you and required of you.
8 And now, verily thus saith the Lord, it is expedient that all things be done unto my glory, by you who are joined together in this order...
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 78:7 - 8)

And with reasoning the Lord teaches -

13 Behold, this is the preparation wherewith I prepare you, and the foundation, and the ensample which I give unto you, whereby you may accomplish the commandments which are given you;
14 That through my providence, notwithstanding the tribulation which shall descend upon you, that the church may stand independent above all other creatures beneath the celestial world;
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 78:13 - 14)

15 That you may come up unto the crown prepared for you, and be made rulers over many kingdoms... (Doctrine and Covenants Section 78:15)

And then with great love he admonishes -

"...ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;
18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.
19 And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.
(Doctrine and Covenants Section 78:17 - 19)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home