Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, August 06, 2018

Isaiah 17

Speaking of the burden or destruction of Syria, Isaiah prophesizes that "in that day" Syria will be much like the ten tribes of Israel for -

"...in that day it shall come to pass, that the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean."  (Isaiah 17:4)

As I read this morning, I couldn't help but think about the "thinning" of Syria today as internal wars on conflict continue to go on and many are forsaking the land.