Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Isaiah 11

As one studies the years after King Solomon, much conflict is had between the children of Israel as Ephraim and nine other tribes separate and war with Judah.

On Moroni's initial visit with the Prophet Joseph Smith, revealed -

"...he quoted the eleventh chapter of Isaiah, saying that it was about to be fulfilled."  (Joseph Smith—History 1:40)

In the eleventh chapter of Isaiah, Isaiah prophecies that in our day -

"The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim."  (Isaiah 11:13)

Obviously, this prophecy has not been fulfilled.