Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, July 13, 2018

Isaiah 6

As Isaiah his blessed with a vision of the Savior's throne, he struggles with his unworthiness upon which -

"Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged."  (Isaiah 6:6–7)

Being thus cleansed by the Holy Ghost by the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ, Isaiah -

"...heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me."  (Isaiah 6:8)

Just as Alma, sons of Mosiah, Enos, and many other great men, when experiencing the atonement of Jesus Christ, Isaiah also felt the desire to bless his fellowmen..."Here am I; send me."