Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, March 28, 2016

Mosiah 26

As I have focused recently on what it means to take upon oneself the name of Christ, I note the words of the Lord to Alma -

"...blessed art thou because thou hast established a church among this people; and they shall be established, and they shall be my people.
18 Yea, blessed is this people who are willing to bear my name; for in my name shall they be called; and they are mine."  (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 26:17 - 18)

It seems that "my people" are synonymous  to those that take upon themselves the name of Christ.