Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, March 14, 2016

Mosiah 7

King Limhi, a righteous man who was a son of a very wicked king, provided some very wise and truthful comments -

"...if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage."  (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 7:33)

The promise is "he will" but "according to his own will and pleasure".  Which in my mind also suggests his timing.  His "pleasure" would be focused on what is the very best for us.

The second observation was -

"O how marvelous are the works of the Lord, and how long doth he suffer with his people; yea, and how blind and impenetrable are the understandings of the children of men; for they will not seek wisdom, neither do they desire that she should rule over them!
21 Yea, they are as a wild flock which fleeth from the shepherd, and scattereth, and are driven, and are devoured by the beasts of the forest."  (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 8:20 - 21)

From what I have observed over the years is exactly that which man will not seek wisdom as explained by Limhi.  Yet the Lord continues to suffer with his people.  His hand is extended still.