Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Moisah 11

I believe I have blogged on this before but I think the words of Abinadi are a significant warning -

"...it shall come to pass that except this people repent and turn unto the Lord their God, they shall be brought into bondage; and none shall deliver them, except it be the Lord the Almighty God.
24 Yea, and it shall come to pass that when they shall cry unto me I will be slow to hear their cries..."  (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 11:23 - 24)

And -

"...except they repent in sackcloth and ashes, and cry mightily to the Lord their God, I will not hear their prayers, neither will I deliver them out of their afflictions..."  (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 11:25)

I think of commandments such as failure to live the law of tithing.  If we fail to do so, not only will our confidence be minimal in our pleadings for help, but the Lord has specifically declared the He "will be slow to hear their cries".  What a great warning.