Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Jacob 2

After Jacob had denounced materialism and pride that seems to be increasing among his people, he then counsels them how to overcome such saying -

"Think of your brethren like unto yourselves, and be familiar with all and free with your substance, that they may be rich like unto you."  (Book of Mormon | Jacob 2:17)

What wise counsel.  Jacob suggests three methods, 1) Consider others as valuable as yourselves, 2) be familiar with them, and 3) be free with your substance.  As we practice each of these, I believe we will be less focused on pride and material things.