Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, February 12, 2016

2 Nephi 33

In Nephi's closing words, he said -

"I have charity for my people, and great faith in Christ that I shall meet many souls spotless at his judgment–seat."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 33:7)

My thoughts this morning is that as we receive the Holy Ghost where we always have His Spirit to be us, we are cleansed by the Spirit.  We read of -

"...the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost..."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 31:13)

Where we are -

"...wrought upon and cleansed by the power of the Holy Ghost..."  (Book of Mormon | Moroni 6:4)

Thus like a balance sheet at the single point in time that we fully repent, we can be spotless by the cleansing of the Holy Ghost.  Though we are not perfect, I'm sure that we can be spotless many times throughout our lives.   Joseph Smith taught -

“When you climb up a ladder, you must begin at the bottom, and ascend step by step, until you arrive at the top; and so it is with the principles of the Gospel—you must begin with the first, and go on until you learn all the principles of exaltation. But it will be a great while after you have passed through the veil before you will have learned them. It is not all to be comprehended in this world; it will be a great work to learn our salvation and exaltation even beyond the grave.” (Joseph Smith, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, selected and arranged by Joseph Fielding Smith. Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co. 1976, 348).