Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, February 08, 2016

2 Nephi 29

As Nephi reminds the world that there have been many nations and peoples that have received and written the words of the Lord, he then explains that -

"...Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another?  Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another.  And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 29:8)

He then follow with an interesting commandment of the Lord -

"For I command all men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall write the words which I speak unto them; for out of the books which shall be written I will judge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 29:11)

These words suggest to me that each of us are to write the inspiration and words of Christ that we receive.  In other words, a personal journal or "scripture blog".   I assume for our own posterity.