Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

JC - Chapter 18

I was touched this morning as Jesus taught in Capernaum.  Mark notes -

"...they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes."  (New Testament | Mark 1:22)

Obviously, the Savior received His authority and doctrine from the Father.  He did not teach as the scribes who studied and taught the interpretations of men. 

Today, we sustain the members of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve apostles as prophets, seers, and revelators.  They have been given  their power and authority from the Savior throught restoration of the priesthood.  They are not as many preachers of our day that are like the scribes, receiving their qualification and instructions from men through seminaries.  Anyone that will listen to them in the upcoming General Conference in October will find that these brethrne speak as one that have authority.