Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, September 04, 2015

JC - Chapter 17

In modern times, the Lord revealed -

"And again, I will give unto you a pattern in all things, that ye may not be deceived..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 52:14)

As the Savior taught a appropriate pattern of prayer to his disciples, He said -

"After this manner therefore pray ye..."  (New Testament | Matthew 6:9)

And then He taught -

"...Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kindom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."  (New Testament | Matthew 6:9 - 13)

He would teach later -

"Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name..."  (Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 18:19)

In my mind, the scriptures and modern day priesthood leadership provides great patterns for direction and instruction.