Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Isaiah 65

The words of Isaiah caught my attention as the Lord is provoked by those -

"Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments..."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 65:4)

This would suggest to me that we should refrain from seeking communication with the dead.  I believe this would extend to ministering spirits or angels.  We are commanded to -

"Seek ye the LORD..."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 55:6)

...not ministering angels.  The Lord is He that administers angels or messengers from God.

As we seek the Lord, Isaiah compares the difference between the righteous and the wicked -

"Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed:
14 Behold, my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howl for vexation of spirit."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 65:13 - 14)

Basicially seeking and hearkening to the Lord brings happiness.