Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Exodus 3

As we study the beginning of the Book of Exodus, we are told little of his childhood training by his mother.  Though Moses spends 40 years as a shepherd with the family of Jethro,  Moses spends little time of his training there.  But what we as Latter-day saints know is that Moses received a great deal of divine teaching and training for his mission to free the children of Israel from bondage.  It is in the Book of Moses where we learn what Moses experienced and was taught.  This training seemed to follow his calling after his visit with the Lord in the burning bush for we read from Moses record -

"And he also gave me commandments when he called unto me out of the burning bush, saying: Call upon God in the name of mine Only Begotten, and worship me."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:17)

Adding -

"And calling upon the name of God, he beheld his glory again, for it was upon him; and he heard a voice, saying: Blessed art thou, Moses, for I, the Almighty, have chosen thee, and thou shalt be made stronger than many waters; for they shall obey thy command as if thou wert God.
26 And lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days; for thou shalt deliver my people from bondage, even Israel my chosen."  (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 1:25 - 26)

Do receive a greater understanding of the spiritual and personal training of Moses, one should read his experience in the 1st Chapter of Moses and following chapters as Moses learns of the creation and his forefathers.