Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Abraham 5

In Abraham's revelation concerning the creation, there were two verses that I wanted to comment on this morning.

I blogged yesterday concerning all the planning, design, and preparation that took place in the creation.  I note that Abraham wrote that after their planning and preparation -

"...the Gods watched those things which they had ordered until they obeyed."  (Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 4:18)

Again, I compare this to construction.  There is no question that for each project, there is a great deal of planning, designing, engineering, scheduling, procuring, etc., but at some point, the designers and planners have to sit back and watch the construction of their design.  I perceive this is the case with the creation.

I would add that even in parenting, the same takes place as parents must exercise patience and watch in hopes that their children obey.

The second verse I wanted to comment on was that Abraham, having learned a great deal about so called "astronomy" wrote -

"...the Gods took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden, to dress it and to keep it.
12 And the Gods commanded the man, saying: Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat,
13 But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the time that thou eatest thereof, thou shalt surely die. Now I, Abraham, saw that it was after the Lord's time, which was after the time of Kolob; for as yet the Gods had not appointed unto Adam his reckoning."  (Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 5:11 - 13)

Abraham makes a special point the while Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden, the day or time was after the time of Kolob.  This would suggest that time or a day according to our time had not come to pass.  This would suggest that the earth at that time was adjacent to where God lives and according to His time.

If that is the case, the that when Adam and Eve fell, so did the earth into our present solar system and time frame.