Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, November 08, 2013

Abraham 2

In the temple, we witness priesthood authority promising individuals all the blessings of Abraham.  Thus, in my mind, we wear two hats...one receiving all the blessings of Abraham and another, being the seed of Abraham.  By covenant, Jehovah promises Abraham -

"...I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee above measure, and make thy name great among all nations, and thou shalt be a blessing unto thy seed after thee, that in their hands they shall bear this ministry and Priesthood unto all nations;
10 And I will bless them through thy name; for as many as receive this Gospel shall be called after thy name, and shall be accounted thy seed, and shall rise up and bless thee, as their father;
11 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse them that curse thee; and in thee (that is, in thy Priesthood) and in thy seed (that is, thy Priesthood), for I give unto thee a promise that this right shall continue in thee, and in thy seed after thee (that is to say, the literal seed, or the seed of the body) shall all the families of the earth be blessed, even with the blessings of the Gospel, which are the blessings of salvation, even of life eternal."  (Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 2:9 - 11)

I also believe that these blessings extend through the eternities or life eternal.  Thus, we are promised now and in the eternities that He will make of us a great nation.  We will be blessed immeasurably.  That we will be great or preside over our own nation or posterity.

As we take on the role as Abraham's seed, it is our responsibility to bear the ministry and carry the gospel and priesthood authority to all other nations.  And it is by being his seed, we will bring the gospel to many individuals and families who will repent and receive the blessings of salvation and exaltation.  Is it any wonder that our names will be great amongst earthly and eternal nations and families forever?