Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Abraham 3

Before Abraham went to Egypt (verse 15), he writes of talking with the Lord -

"...face to face, as one man talketh with another..."  (Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 3:11)

I believe that in order to teach Abraham concerning the divine nature of man He begin with -

"...the works which his hands had made;
12 And he said unto me: My son, my son (and his hand was stretched out), behold I will show you all these. And he put his hand upon mine eyes, and I saw those things which his hands had made, which were many; and they multiplied before mine eyes, and I could not see the end thereof."  (Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 3:11 - 12)

As the Lord describes the order and governing of planets and the universe, He says -

"If two things exist, and there be one above the other, there shall be greater things above them..."  (Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 3:16)

Now He compares this same order or structure to men and the spirits of men saying -

"...if there be two spirits, and one shall be more intelligent than the other, yet these two spirits, notwithstanding one is more intelligent than the other, have no beginning; they existed before, they shall have no end, they shall exist after, for they are gnolaum, or eternal.
19 And the Lord said unto me: These two facts do exist, that there are two spirits, one being more intelligent than the other; there shall be another more intelligent than they; I am the Lord thy God, I am more intelligent than they all."  (Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 3:18 - 19)

Thus there will always be those that are more and those that are less intelligent than ourselves.  God is God because He is more intelligent than all.

I blogged a couple days ago concerning the "ministering of angels" and that according to Jacob's ladder, they come and go.  But I found it interesting that Jehovah tells us -

"I dwell in the midst of them all; I now, therefore, have come down unto thee to declare unto thee the works which my hands have made, wherein my wisdom excelleth them all, for I rule in the heavens above, and in the earth beneath, in all wisdom and prudence, over all the intelligences thine eyes have seen from the beginning; I came down in the beginning in the midst of all the intelligences thou hast seen.
22 Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; and among all these there were many of the noble and great ones;
23 And God saw these souls that they were good, and he stood in the midst of them, and he said: These I will make my rulers; for he stood among those that were spirits, and he saw that they were good; and he said unto me: Abraham, thou art one of them; thou wast chosen before thou wast born."  (Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 3:21 - 23)

"Come down" would suggest being on earth.  I note that He came down in the beginning with all the spirits (used the term intelligences) here on earth.  Therefore these spirits at that time were on the earth most likely participating in the creation of the earth.  It is then the Lord describes the very purpose of the creation of the earth for our growth and blessing -

"...there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell;
25 And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them;
26 And they who keep their first estate shall be added upon; and they who keep not their first estate shall not have glory in the same kingdom with those who keep their first estate; and they who keep their second estate shall have glory added upon their heads for ever and ever."  (Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 3:24 - 26)

I interpret these words that space is "something" and was the material by which He created the earth.