Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, August 15, 2013

D&C 115

Not long ago, I visited Independence, Missouri as well as Far West, Missouri.  I had longed to visit Independence, to see the temple site and the area that the Prophet declared to be Zion.  As I did, I was surprised to experience a dark and cold feeling at the temple site and throughout the town.  Only in the LDS visitor center did I feel that warm, truthful experience of the Holy Ghost.

During our visit, we decided to stop by Far West, Missouri.  Even though there is little left of the early LDS settlement, I felt a strong and warm feeling of the Holy Ghost as I stood at the temple site there.  This again was surprising to me.

I was touched this morning as I read -

"Let the city, Far West, be a holy and consecrated land unto me; and it shall be called most holy, for the ground upon which thou standest is holy." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 115:7)

I have no other explanation of this experience other than that Satan maintains a powerful hold in Independence and not at Far West were that property continues to be holy.