Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, August 05, 2013

D&C 110

A week after the Kirtland Temple was dedicated, the Savior appeared saying -

"I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father.
5 Behold, your sins are forgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice.
6 Let the hearts of your brethren rejoice, and let the hearts of all my people rejoice, who have, with their might, built this house to my name."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 110:4 - 6)

Having been obedient, with great sacrifice, in building the house the Lord had commanded them, can you imagine their feelings as the Savior tells the that He is their advocate, that there sins are forgiven and they are clean, and because of that, they should rejoice, lifting up their hearts to God.  Not only because they are now clean but even more, that in this house, they would receive great power adding -

"Yea the hearts of thousands and tens of thousands shall greatly rejoice in consequence of the blessings which shall be poured out, and the endowment with which my servants have been endowed in this house.
10 And the fame of this house shall spread to foreign lands; and this is the beginning of the blessing which shall be poured out upon the heads of my people."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 110:9 - 10)

The Lord then expresses His appreciation for this house saying -

"For behold, I have accepted this house, and my name shall be here; and I will manifest myself to my people in mercy in this house."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 110:7)

And then He provides a profound statement that I believe is His instructions, not only for this holy house, but for any place that may be considered a "holy place" -

"Yea, I will appear unto my servants, and speak unto them with mine own voice, if my people will keep my commandments, and do not pollute this holy house."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 110:8)

This suggests to me that any place can be a holy place, if His commandments are kept and the place is not polluted.  Polluted would suggest to me both spiritual but also temporal pollutions.