Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

D&C 112

With the word of the Lord being given to Thomas Marsh, at that time the president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, I can't help but liken many of the words of instruction and counsel to me in my calling and others that serve in their leadership callings.  Thes words of counsel and warning include -

"Verily I say unto you, there have been some few things in thine heart and with thee with which I, the Lord, was not well pleased.
3 Nevertheless, inasmuch as thou hast abased thyself thou shalt be exalted; therefore, all thy sins are forgiven thee."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 112:2 - 3)

"Let thy heart be of good cheer before my face..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 112:4)

"Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 112:10)

"...Be not partial towards them in love above many others, but let thy love be for them as for thyself; and let thy love abound unto all men, and unto all who love my name."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 112:11)

"...pray for thy brethren of the Twelve. Admonish them sharply for my name's sake, and let them be admonished for all their sins, and be ye faithful before me unto my name."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 112:12)

Where Thomas presided over the Twelve, in our case, we should pray over those we preside and serve. 

"Now, I say unto you, and what I say unto you, I say unto all the Twelve: Arise and gird up your loins, take up your cross, follow me, and feed my sheep.
15 Exalt not yourselves; rebel not against my servant Joseph; for verily I say unto you, I am with him, and my hand shall be over him; and the keys which I have given unto him, and also to youward, shall not be taken from him till I come."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 112:14 - 15)

Not only do not rebel against the current prophet, but those that preside over us, our file leaders.  And also -

"...purify your hearts before me...and preach my gospel unto every creature who has not received it;"  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 112:28)