Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, July 05, 2013

D&C 101

Even though we are promised great blessings conditional upon blessings, it is important to understand that -

"...it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:68)

We see this principle as He tells the parable of the Lord's vinyard and in the redemption of Zion as the commands the "strength of my house" to -

"...go ye straightway unto the land of my vineyard, and redeem my vineyard; for it is mine; I have bought it with money.
57 Therefore, get ye straightway unto my land; break down the walls of mine enemies; throw down their tower, and scatter their watchmen."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 101:56 - 57)

How was Zion to be redeemed? -

"...observe the commandment which I have given concerning these things—
70 Which saith, or teacheth, to purchase all the lands with money, which can be purchased for money, in the region round about the land which I have appointed to be the land of Zion..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 101:69 - 70)

And to do this -

"...let not your gathering be in haste, nor by flight; but let all things be prepared before you."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 101:68)

Obviously, this commandment could be done for the Lord said -

"There is even now already in store sufficient, yea, even an abundance, to redeem Zion..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 101:75)

But the servant asked of the redemption of Zion -

"...When shall these things be?"  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 101:59)

The Lord then suggested that it doesn't matter as long as they are obedient, for as they did, they were to  -

"...leave the residue in mine hand."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 101:71)

Of which the Lord then promised in parable -

"...When I will..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 101:60)

adding that -

"...after many days all things were fulfilled." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 101:62)

The Lord continues to teach us that our responsibility is to go straightway and keep His commandments.  He will decide when and how the blessings are fulfilled...but they will be fulfilled.