Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Mosiah 19

As Mormon relates the story of the downfall of king Noah and his people, he provides some insight of the interests of wicked leaders that seek power and authority over others. First, as the people rebelled and Gideon was about to slay Noah -

"...the king cried out in the anguish of his soul, saying: Gideon, spare me, for the Lamanites are upon us, and they will destroy us; yea, they will destroy my people." (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 19:7)

Then Mormon outlines the truth -

"...now the king was not so much concerned about his people as he was about his own life..." (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 19:8)

I sense this same truth holds even today and politicians are more interested in their jobs and agendas than the welfare of the people. Later as the Lamanites began to destroy his people -

"...the king commanded them that all the men should leave their wives and their children, and flee before the Lamanites." (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 19:11)

It always seems that those that desire unrighteous power and dominion, it is always about them.