Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mosiah 17

From the experience of Abinadi with Noah and his wicked priests, we can learn the impact on our eternal progression by those we befriend and associate with. As Abinadi prophecied the truth to king Noah, he testified -

"...I say unto you, I will not recall the words which I have spoken unto you concerning this people, for they are true; and that ye may know of their surety I have suffered myself that I have fallen into your hands.
10 Yea, and I will suffer even until death, and I will not recall my words, and they shall stand as a testimony against you. And if ye slay me ye will shed innocent blood, and this shall also stand as a testimony against you at the last day." (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 17:9 - 10)

It appears that these words must have penetrated his heart, maybe recalling the teachings of his father for -

"...king Noah was about to release him, for he feared his word; for he feared that the judgments of God would come upon him." (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 17:11)

It is obvious that at one time, Noah had an understanding of the plan of salvation but because of his close associates -

"...the priests lifted up their voices against him, and began to accuse him, saying: He has reviled the king. Therefore the king was stirred up in anger against him, and he delivered him up that he might be slain." (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 17:12)

Isn't it interesting that when we are at the point where we might repent, it may be our wicked associates that may lead us (in this case to anger) away from good and righteousness. The friends we choose can have impact on our eternal progression.