Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, April 23, 2012

Mosiah 15

To answer the wicked priests question that I previously blogged about, Abinadi, provides one of the clearest responses to the the same question asked of Isaiah -

"...who shall declare his generation?" (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 15:10)

Or in other words, in my mind, those that He will give Eternal Life, for -

"...when his soul has been made an offering for sin he shall see his seed..." (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 15:10)

Or, in my mind, His generation for -

"...who shall be his seed?" (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 15:10)

These are His seed or His generation for -

"...whosoever has heard the words of the prophets, yea, all the holy prophets who have prophesied concerning the coming of the Lord—I say unto you, that all those who have hearkened unto their words, and believed that the Lord would redeem his people, and have looked forward to that day for a remission of their sins, I say unto you, that these are his seed, or they are the heirs of the kingdom of God.
12 For these are they whose sins he has borne; these are they for whom he has died, to redeem them from their transgressions. And now, are they not his seed?
13 Yea, and are not the prophets, every one that has opened his mouth to prophesy, that has not fallen into transgression, I mean all the holy prophets ever since the world began? I say unto you that they are his seed." (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 15:11 - 13)

Those that "hearkened unto their words" are those that keep His commandments. Thus Abinadi explains the question given by the priests -

"...these are they who have published peace, who have brought good tidings of good, who have published salvation; and said unto Zion: Thy God reigneth!
15 And O how beautiful upon the mountains were their feet!
16 And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that are still publishing peace!
17 And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those who shall hereafter publish peace, yea, from this time henceforth and forever!" (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 15:14 - 17)

Clearly, Abinadi was one that brought good tidings, that published peace and salvation. How greatful we are for his faithfulness and sacrifice.