Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mosiah 7

After Limhi recounts the history and choices made Zeniff and his son Noah, many symbolisms can be extracted form these events from the plan of salavation and keeping the commandents to being over-zealous in personal acquisitions and debt and the consequences that follow from not following the counsel of prophets. As I pondered these things, Limhi, from experience provides great counsel and warning to people of our day saying -

"...the Lord hath said: I will not succor my people in the day of their transgression; but I will hedge up their ways that they prosper not; and their doings shall be as a stumbling block before them.
30 And again, he saith: If my people shall sow filthiness they shall reap the chaff thereof in the whirlwind; and the effect thereof is poison.
31 And again he saith: If my people shall sow filthiness they shall reap the east wind, which bringeth immediate destruction.
32 And now, behold, the promise of the Lord is fulfilled, and ye are smitten and afflicted.: (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 7:29 - 32)

We talk much of the condition of our nation at this time. We look for all sorts of secular solutions. But the truth of the matter is the Lord will not succor us or allow us to prosper in the day of our transgressions. But it doesn't have to be that way. Again Limhi knows -

"But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage." (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 7:33)

I would expect that "according to His will and pleasure" will have a great deal of the magnitude of trangression and the duration that it has continued.