Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, June 20, 2011

Acts 14

We have a tendency to believe that if we are doing all we can in serving the Lord, that no harm should come upon us. I believe that we can in confidence call upon the protection of the Lord, but we also witness that as Paul and Barnabas did for a -

"Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands." (New Testament | Acts 14:3)

One would think that in all their diligence, that they would be protected. Later we learn that -

"...there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and, having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead." (New Testament | Acts 14:19)

Just like the Prophet Joseph Smith, Paul also was persecuted. It is difficult to even imagine being in the darkest of prisons or being stoned for Christ's sake. Of which the Savior said -

"...know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 122:7)