Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mark 15

At the cruxificion of the Savior, Mark paints an interesting picture in that -

"There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;
41 (Who also, when he was in Galilee, followed him, and ministered unto him;) and many other women which came up with him unto Jerusalem." (New Testament | Mark 15:40 - 41)

And even at His burial -

"...Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joses beheld where he was laid." (New Testament | Mark 15:47)

Matthew also records -

"And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him:
56 Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children." (New Testament | Matthew 27:55 - 56)

I was touched by the fact that Mark and Matthew both thought it important enough to record in their records the nature and compassion of women. Women seem to have a greater capacity for compassion, love, and service.