Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Matthew 19

After a young man approached the Savior with the question -

"...All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?" (New Testament | Matthew 19:20)

...we learn that there is lessor and greater covenants and commandments as the Lord seems to introduce the law of sacrifice and consecration -

"If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." (New Testament | Matthew 19:21)

This was a hard thing for this young man as it is for many. But it was upon witnessing this experience -

"When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?" (New Testament | Matthew 19:25)

To which the Lord answered -

"...With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." (New Testament | Matthew 19:26)

The Prophet Joseph Smith summed this up with -

"We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel." (Pearl of Great Price | Articles of Faith 1:3)