Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, October 01, 2010

D&C 88

The Lord specifically gave us a charge to -

"...sanctify yourselves..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:74)

or in other words -

"...that your minds become single to God..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:68)

The instructs us how we sanctify our selves -

"...purify your hearts, and cleanse your hands and your feet before me..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:74)

"...continue in prayer and fasting..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:76)

"...teach one another the doctrine of the kingdom..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:77)

"...cease from all your light speeches, from all laughter, from all your lustful desires, from all your pride and light-mindedness, and from all your wicked doings." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:121)

"...love one another; cease to be covetous; learn to impart one to another as the gospel requires.
124 Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:123 - 124)

And finally -

"...above all things, clothe yourselves with the bond of charity, as with a mantle..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:125)

It is clear and direct. I personally this morning was impressed by "cease to find fault one with another".