Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, September 30, 2010

D&C 88

Well I just completed the Old Testament. I guess I'll head back and pickup where I left off at the first of the year in the 88th Section of the Doctrine and Covenants. The Lord began this revelation with -

"...thus saith the Lord unto you who have assembled yourselves together to receive his will concerning you..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:1)

His faithful saints assemble regularly in Sunday meetings, priesthood meetings, leadership meetings, and the list goes on and on. But what is interesting is the Lord's comments on these faithful saints -

"Behold, this is pleasing unto your Lord, and the angels rejoice over you; the alms of your prayers have come up into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded in the book of the names of the sanctified, even them of the celestial world." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:2)

Have we ever thought when we assemble in a meeting that the Lord is pleased, the angels rejoice, and our prayers are heard and names sanctified. Why would we ever complain when commanded to assemble.