Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, September 20, 2010

Hosea 13

Much of the writings of Hosea seem to be focused on chastising Ephraim or the kingdon of Israel for the wickedness and following false gods and idols. Hosea said something that I thought seemed to have great application even to us in our day -

"O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help." (Old Testament | Hosea 13:9)

Alma told his son -

"...Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness." (Book of Mormon | Alma 41:10)

Isn't is interesting that through failure to be obedient to the plan of happiness, we destroy ourselves. But nonetheless, the Savior is always ready to help if we humble ourselves and come to him for -

"I will be thy king: where is any other that may save thee in all thy cities?" (Old Testament | Hosea 13:10)

If we wish not to be destroyed, we must turn to him.