Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, September 27, 2010

Zachariah 12

Zechariah prophecies a significant warning to the nations of our day that -

"...it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." (Old Testament | Zechariah 12:9)

But this will not just default upon Judah. They must first come to the true faith in Jesus Christ and repent and it will be then -

"...I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn." (Old Testament | Zechariah 12:10)

And -

"IN that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness." (Old Testament | Zechariah 13:1)

And just as Ezekiel saw in vision -

"And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem..." (Old Testament | Zechariah 14:8)


It is Zachariah that provides these great prophecies in that -

"Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 ΒΆ And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south." (Old Testament | Zechariah 14:3 - 4)

"And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends." (Old Testament | Zechariah 13:6)

It shall be a "great" day for some and "terrible" day for others.