Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, September 10, 2010

Ezekiel 43

Ezekiel received a marvelous vison concerning the House of the Lord as he records -

"...behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory." (Old Testament | Ezekiel 43:2)

"And the glory of the LORD came into the house by the way of the gate whose prospect is toward the east.
5 So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house." (Old Testament | Ezekiel 43:4 - 5)

Not only was there noise like many waters, but he also saw -

"AFTERWARD he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward..."(Old Testament | Ezekiel 47:1)

John the Revelator would later record of his own vision of the temple -

"...What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters..." (New Testament | Revelation 7:13 - 17)

Nephi recorded that -

"...I beheld that the rod of iron, which my father had seen, was the word of God, which led to the fountain of living waters, or to the tree of life..." (Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 11:25)

The glory of God is in the temple and from the temple flows living waters. It is those that enter there in that receive of this living water for the Lord said -

"...mark well, and behold with thine eyes, and hear with thine ears all that I say unto thee concerning all the ordinances of the house of the LORD, and all the laws thereof; and mark well the entering in of the house, with every going forth of the sanctuary." (Old Testament | Ezekiel 44:5)

It is only those that are worthy that are allowed in the temple to partake of living waters for -

"Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel." (Old Testament | Ezekiel 44:9)

"...be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD." (Old Testament | Isaiah 52:11)

These are they arrayed in white robes.