Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Ezekiel 37

Paul taught the Corinthians -

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (New Testament | 1 Corinthians 15:22)

Ezekiel was granted a great vision regarding the resurrection and all being made alive as he saw -

"THE hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones..." (Old Testament | Ezekiel 37:1)

Whereby the Lord asked Ezekiel -

"...Son of man, can these bones live? " (Old Testament | Ezekiel 37:3)

The Lord then declared -

"...I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD." (Old Testament | Ezekiel 37:5 - 6)

And sure enough -

"...the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them." (Old Testament | Ezekiel 37:8)

But the Lord commanded Ezekiel to prophecy that the breath of life would enter them so Ezekiel -

"...prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army." (Old Testament | Ezekiel 37:10)

As a result of this vision, Ezekiel was commanded by the Lord to teach the people of the resurrection saying -

"Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves..." (Old Testament | Ezekiel 37:12)

Is there any question that at some future date, -

"For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." (New Testament | Romans 14:11)