Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Jeremiah 23

The Prophet Joseph Smith explained in what has now become known as the Articles of Faith -

"We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes..." (Pearl of Great Price | Articles of Faith 1:10)

Jeremiah prophesied of the same, that the Lord -

"...will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase." (Old Testament | Jeremiah 23:3)

And with this gathering, he also prophesied -

"...I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD." (Old Testament | Jeremiah 23:4)

And this shall be to Zion or stakes of Zion -

"...that the gathering together upon the land of Zion, and upon her stakes, may be for a defense, and for a refuge from the storm, and from wrath when it shall be poured out without mixture upon the whole earth." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 115:6)