Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jeremiah 16

As I think of the conditions of our day, the prophecy of Jeremiah seems so applicable -

"And it shall come to pass, when thou shalt shew this people all these words, and they shall say unto thee, Wherefore hath the LORD pronounced all this great evil against us? or what is our iniquity? or what is our sin that we have committed against the LORD our God?" (Old Testament | Jeremiah 16:10)

The priests of king Noah said the same thing. The answer is -

"Because your fathers have forsaken me, saith the LORD, and have walked after other gods, and have served them, and have worshipped them, and have forsaken me, and have not kept my law;
12 And ye have done worse than your fathers; for, behold, ye walk every one after the imagination of his evil heart, that they may not hearken unto me..." (Old Testament | Jeremiah 16:11 - 12)

Do not the people of our day walk after the imaginations of their hearts? But I must also acknowledge that not all do. In modern day we learn of the saints -

"...ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts..." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 29:7)

As prophecied by Jeremiah that Judah and Israel would be dispersed among the nations, Jeremiah also promises as revealed in modern day -

"I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks." (Old Testament | Jeremiah 16:16)

They will fish or hunt out the elect that will hear His voice.