Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, August 30, 2010

Jeremiah 1

When Enoch was called of the Lord, he responded -

"...Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?" (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 6:31)

Isaiah willfully excepted his call then responded -

"...Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips..." (Old Testament | Isaiah 6:5)

And with his call, Jeremiah himself responded -

"...Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child." (Old Testament | Jeremiah 1:6)

To which the Lord answered much as he had with Enoch and Isaiah -

"...Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee..." (Old Testament | Jeremiah 1:7 - 8)

What is interesting is what Jeremiah said of the people of his day in their relationship with the Lord -

"...they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters..." (Old Testament | Jeremiah 2:13)

It is interesting that years later, the Savior said to the Samarian woman at the well -

"...If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water." (New Testament | John 4:10)

It is clear that the Lord God Jehovah would be the Savior, the fountain of living waters.